Villa Macao, Santa Gertrudis
A spacious property with views to the old town, port of Ibiza and Formentera
The finca, a 400-year-old former monastery, has been family-owned for 50 years and is always adapted and restored with respect for the house and it’s history. The unusually high rooms in the main building, which to a large extent still have the original wooden ceilings, are impressive.
The bathrooms are renewed and adapted to the latest requirements of comfort on a regular basis. The kitchen, designed by a Swiss architect, is equipped with all modern appliances.
The house is surrounded by dreamlike gardens with many fruit trees, from the many different seating areas you can enjoy the view over the countryside to the sea.
Located in the trendy village of Santa Gertrudis where there are numerous restaurants and cafes, such as the famous Bar Costa and Cafe Macao.
- Master bedroom on the 1st floor with en-suite bathroom (shower) and toilet, bed 160cmx200cm, TV.
- Bedroom with en-suite shower/ toilet and exit to pool terrace, bed 140cmx200cm
- Bedroom with its own shower and toilet in the hallway, bed 160cmx200cm
- Apartment with private access from the outside, but still connected to the main house:
- 1 Bed 160cmx200cm, separated by a book wall and a door 1 bed 150cmx190cm.
- En-suite bathroom consisting of bathtub, extra-shower, extra- toilet.
- TV, Music-system, exit to private terrace.
- Living room with a large seating area, TV, equipped with SKY Austria, password: 1945, music system, DVD player
- Dining room with a table for 8 guests, seating area around the chimney and another table for up to 8 guests
On the terraces:
- Dining table for up to 10 guests, in front of the kitchen
- Tables for up to 15 guests around the pool
- Barbecue (Weber) gas in the pool area
- At the pool beds and couches for up to 12 guests
- Ping-pong table
- Swimming pool approx. 10mx4m
- Sauna for 2 guests
- Steam bath for 3 guests
- AC: all bedrooms are equipped with Air Conditioning wich can be regulated by remote control
- Dishwasher + extra Dishwasher in the laundry
- Washer and dryer
- Internet via satellite throughout the house and on terraces
- All TV-sets are equipped with SAT-receiver
- Music system: Denon Heos manageable via Application
- Meet and great
- Cleaning 15hrs /week (extra hours can be arranged, charged upon leaving)
- Pool service at least once / week
- Gardener once /week
- Water and electricity
- Bedding, twice / week
- Change of towels for bathrooms, pool and beach 3x /week
Located approx. 20 minutes drive from the airport. Santa Gertrudis is located in the centre of the island, so the distance to all the beaches is about 20 minutes. Distance to Golf course also 20 minutes.
Santa Gertrudis can be reached by car within 3mins or 10mins walk. In Santa Gertrudis there a numerous restaurants and cafes, such as the famous Bar Costa and Cafe Macao. There is also a pharmacy, post office, banks with cash machines, supermarket (also an organic market with a large variety), gym with weekly or day pass options, a pilates-studio, and more.
Children are welcome, we provide 2 baby beds, and 1 high chair. Pets are welcome on request only Parties with more than 15 guests and events are not allowed or on request only.